As Steve Carrell from The Office once said, “Oh my God, its happening! Everyone stay calm, everyone stay calm!” Fans have been begging and beating at the Insomiac Games twitter account for months, and we are now getting a Christmas gift that is oh so sweet. The makers of Marvel’s Spider–Man have given us free access to the coveted Sam Raimi suit from the original Spider–Man movie trilogy.
This is not a drill. This is not a joke. For those who are still not sure what Spidey suit I am talking about, here is the tweet!
We have a special holiday gift for #SpiderManPS4 players. Today's game update will include a highly requested suit. Hint: It's webbed and it's FREE for owners of Marvel's Spider-Man! pic.twitter.com/6DLTxPFSaE
— Insomniac Games (@insomniacgames) December 20, 2018
Rejoice all true believers! Our patience has paid off! Insomniac Games wrote a love story to Spider-Man in this game, and it just keeps getting better and better. I just started the game again in New Game Plus (because I needs all them sweet trophies) and even after just finishing up the game it still feels as crisp as when I first started it.
While it is great to be getting a freebie in the update, this update most likely somewhat coincides with tomorrow’s release of Silver Linings (which you can read about here), the third and final part of The City That Never Sleeps DLC pack. It costs $9.99 and if you want to go ahead and grab all three (The Heist and Turf Wars are the others) it will save you $5 with the pack running $24.99. I have yet to start the DLC, but it if has received the same loving care the rest of the game has I will be very pleased. The patch notes for the update are as follows from Insomniac’s post on Reddit.
- Added the Webbed Suit. Happy Holidays!
Fixes & Updates
- Addressed various additional issues in “Silver Lining” DLC pack.
- Added support for “The City That Never Sleeps – Silver Lining” story pack.
- Added “Friendly Neighborhood” Difficulty Mode.
- Added support for creating a New Game+ save from a New Game+ save.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added 3 new filters to Photo Mode (8bit, EGA, and Retro).
Fixes & Updates
- Addressed an issue where the “A Bit of a Fixer-Upper” Trophy is not awarded after completing all puzzles.
- Addressed an issue where MJ’s initial dialogue in “The Heist” DLC may not play.
- Addressed an issue where some lines of dialogue would be delayed in “Turf Wars” DLC pack.
- Addressed various additional issues.
So how excited are you that the new suit is the Raimi suit? Were you one of the ones tweeting Insomniac asking for it to be added? Web-zip on over to the comments and thwip us your thoughts.