With the season finale of Arrow and the opening of Captain America: Civil War on approach, numerous press releases and articles have been written about both productions. Shortly after doing my character spotlight on Oliver Queen, I started to think about all the other archers in the superhero multiverse. I then thought of Hawkeye aka Clint Barton, the golden archer of the Marvel Universe. Like the nerd I am, I began wondering what would ever happen if these two heroes were to ever meet.
Stephen Amell has brought the DC Universe superhero ‘The Green Arrow’ to life on the CW television series Arrow. Jeremy Renner has also made his debut to the superhero universe as Marvel’s ‘Hawkeye’. Both actors have done a phenomenal job in their various roles, and I absolutely love what they each have brought to the screen as their respective characters.
Just for fun, in honor of Captain America: Civil War and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, if these characters cinema personalities were to wage their own ‘battle’ (Whatever the reason) onto each other; just like Batman and Superman and now Iron Man and Captain America. Who would come out the champion? Let us take a closer look at their abilities and skills, and you determine the outcome.
It’s a DC vs Marvel match-up!
Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) Abilities and Skills:
- He survived Lian Yu. I think that in and of itself is essentially a hunger games all on its own.
- He has displayed on many occasions that he is an expert in acrobatics, and often uses this skill while evading enemy fire.
- Oliver is an extremely gifted archer. He also has a wide-variety of trick arrows, ranging from grappling arrows to explosive ones. He is capable of firing multiple arrows at a single target, with deadly accuracy.
- He is proficient in several forms of hand-to- hand combat. Oliver has been known to take on seven people at once. He spent several months dedicated to making himself a better fighter and trained with multiple people including Deathstroke (at the time, Slade Wilson) and Ra’s Al Ghul.
- Oliver is stealth in his movement. After years of training on Lian Yu, he has mastered the art of sneaking up on and taking out enemy forces.
- Oliver is very proficient with a sword, although his preferred weapon is a bow and arrow. He has been known to turn almost anything into a weapon to use to his advantage in a fight. He also is a pretty accurate sharpshooter, especially on pistols.
- Oliver is bilingual, mastering the Russian Language. (Not sure how this would help him in battle, but it is an awesome skill)
- Oliver has brief ‘spy’ experience with A.R.G.U.S
- He survived multiple tortures that were inflicted upon him. Including those done by both Slade Wilson and Billy Wintergreen; members of Australian Secret Intelligence Services.
Clint Barton (Hawkeye) Abilities and Skills:
- Clint Barton has trained himself to be a master archer specializing in the use of multiple types of bows with near- perfect accuracy. He is capable of firing multiple arrows at a single target in a few seconds, hitting multiple targets in a few quick strokes, and directly hit small targets in the greatest of distances.
- He now has near-perfect precision and extremely keen eyesight. He can lock on his target from miles away.
- Clint, like Oliver, is extremely athletic, with very good reflexes and agility. His acrobatics have suited him well in battle, as he been extremely capable of dodging all sorts of weaponry. Including bullets.
- Clint has demonstrated great skill in his overall hand to hand combat, taking out multiple enemies on his own.
- Clint has endured grave tortures, and has survived through every single one of them.
- He has mastered the art of deception, and can easily persuade his enemies if necessary.
- Clint’s incredible reflexes and hand-eye coordination allow him to easily master most weapons.
- Clint is bilingual . (Again… not sure how this would help him in battle, but it is an awesome skill)
- Clint has worked as a spy for S.H.I.E.L.D for years.
Jules vote: It would be extremely close. Their skill set’s are extremely identical and both have exemplary skills with a bow and arrow. I don’t see either one of them surrendering too easily. But I have to go with, Oliver Queen. By the skin of his teeth.
Who do you think would win the challenge between Oliver Queen and Clint Barton?
Julia recently published her first novel, titled; Anomic. She is currently co-authoring a novel called ‘Snow Falls’. She has a B.A in Communications with concentrations in Professional Writing and Public Relations. She is also in the
United States Army Reserves as a Military Police Officer, and is currently in the process of going back to school for her Masters Degree in Business. When she isn’t writing, she is co-owner of a film production studio called ‘Valentine Productions LLC’ and she frequently spends her weekends acting in films, or being a stuntwoman.